my dance lighting rig.....

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1744 by ginger_biscuit69
my dance lighting rig..... was created by ginger_biscuit69
heres the rigging. we have a 7.5ton truck to move kit, so i can preassemble at home, meaning all i need to do at the gig is plug a ceeform and dmx in at one end, and stick on tripods, job done!

yes... i know the ladders a bit pikey, but it holds me swinging off the floor from the centre of it (im like 14stone!), so thought it will do for now until i get hold of trussing.

added smoke machine, and cabling done

loaded the smoker with super high density smoke fluid, its actually scary how much comes out! (1500w)

pics of it all runningtomorrow night will follow somepoint this weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1745 by sks01
Replied by sks01 on topic my dance lighting rig.....
ive never been much of a one for smoke machines, i much preferred it before the smoking ban when most places you wouldn't have even needed one either though thats just me personal choice looks like a nice set o lights though, even if i know nothing about them[img]smileys/smiley36.gif[/img]

do it for the love of the music

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1746 by ginger_biscuit69
Replied by ginger_biscuit69 on topic my dance lighting rig.....
i agree, long as theres something there to see the beams, its good. i dont like heavy smoke!
want to buy a nice martin jem hazer, leave it on a low setting all night, and it provides a nice gentle haze, like a smokers room.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1860 by steveaatw
Replied by steveaatw on topic my dance lighting rig.....
All about hazers since the smoking bans, smoke machines dont get into the corners nor linger enough

Would avoid the Martin hazers though, for what they are they are expensive and drink fluid like nobodies business

Look Solutions Unique 2 is where its at, daddy of a machine, proper touring job - not much more than the Jem and well worth it, uses much less fluid, better effect, longer hang and wider distribution [img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1869 by ginger_biscuit69

and the afterparty at the farm, until 5ish ... was daylight when we packed down!

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1871 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic my dance lighting rig.....
Those lights are very bright! impressive stuff and well worth the price you paid for them!

you have me seriously thinking about gettinginto lighting as its so interesting. In addition it is quite creative when you design your own shows in dmx format.

As i said i like the slow pan then fast strobe combo... followed by a total black out and the lasers doing some fancy wide angle patterns.

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1879 by csg
Replied by csg on topic my dance lighting rig.....
well, wait untill you come up to bug jam HBL, lots of interesting toys to play with there - full dmx computer controlled rig using Chamsys magic q, with a new Vari*lite system ive just bought ( as used by genesis / pink floyd etc). Im sure we will have time to show you the ropes.

Nice rig Ginger, all i can say is i wish i could get away using trussing like that! Very inventive!

• ginger_biscuit69
  • Topic Author
More
15 years 10 months ago #1882 by ginger_biscuit69
wish i didnt have to use it, but until i find truss at a decent price and i can afford it, it will have to suffice. its plenty strong, just extremely amature and not entirely safe for rigging. 4m truss and a pair of decent windups would be ideal!

More
15 years 10 months ago #1883 by csg
Replied by csg on topic my dance lighting rig.....
on the haze issue, the unique hasers are good, probably the best glycerin based machines around.

for the best hase of all though, it has to be an oil cracker, like a reel fx df50. absoulutely the best, hangs in the air for hours, uses less fluid than anything else ( 5l = 200hours continuous).

• heathrow_b_line
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 years 10 months ago #1887 by heathrow_b_line
Replied by heathrow_b_line on topic my dance lighting rig.....

csg wrote:

Nice rig Ginger, all i can say is i wish i could get away using trussing like that! Very inventive!

Try lifting it Chris it is very difficult to carry about as one side wants to tip over so to speak

But apart from all my jokes the ladder did the job and didnt bow in the middle

Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds