file Cubo Kick 15

4 years 10 months ago #24377 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi,

Do you have the ability to measure with a microphone and/ or a spectrum analyzer? That would make things a lot easier.

0.3 ms delay is like 10 cm distance, 1 ms delay is about 34 cm difference. The delay based on length difference is only a rough rule of thumb.Subs are almost always delayed a bit physically (as a result from the
design), so you might actually have to delay the kicks a bit, instead of
the subs. Tops are generally delayed the most and kicks bit. Normally you would use delay on the tops and use a 3 way crossover and
not overlap different cabinets in the same frequency range.

Best regards Cubo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #24449 by Archi
Replied by Archi on topic Cubo Kick 15
Hi, Mr. Cubo
I have built 2 of cubo kick 15 few months ago, I love the design and it sounds so good to me.
One thing confusing me, the kick sound wasn't punchy when I set the frequency from 90-200hz(as suggested), crossed at 100hz, but the punchy sound appeared when I tuned up to 300hz.
My cubo kick sits between mini scoop and MT121(TDA ver.), I slightly change the width from 62mm to 60mm.Dose it make sense tune up to 300hz? Or maybe my setting was wrong? Please advice me.

4 years 6 months ago #24451 by Cubo15
The entire kick range is about 80 - 300 Hz, so it's not uprising in itself that going from 200 to 300 Hz adds more punch to the kick. You're now getting pretty much the entire kick range from a single cabinet. I'm from the school of thought that if something works don't try to fix it, so If this new frequency range does work for you that's good. It can also mean that your current setup (including the MT121) needs a bit of fixing.

In the view of an entire system you would expect that 200 to 300 Hz to add the same amount of punch coming from the MT121 instead of the Cubo Kick 15 (while that's going up to 200 Hz). If it doesn't it's either because the MT121/ driver combo doesn't deliver, or there are some processing/ phase issues around the crossover region. If it does add the same amount of punch coming from the MT121 that's also good.

Do you have dampening material in the rear chamber of the Cubo Kick 15?

Best regards Cubo

4 years 5 months ago #24453 by Archi
Replied by Archi on topic Cubo Kick 15
Thank you for the advice!!
I'll keep the kick range from 90-300hz, but sometimes the MT121 doesn't sound right.
Like you said, maybe the combo doesn't deliver, I need more time to play around with frequency and crossover.

I use foam in the rear chamber, it's very useful, I can see the 2226's cone moving a lot more then without dampening.

Regards.

4 years 4 months ago #24463 by GG_
Replied by GG_ on topic Cubo Kick 15
Dear Mr.Cubo,

first of all thank you for share your plans and your help in the forum, I really appreciate that.

I have four nice cubo12 loaded with fane 12-500lf, I am really really happy and proud of them.

I want build now two cubo kick 12, but the cost of the drivers you suggest is really high for my budget, you always follow the method "KISS" aka Keep It Simple Stupid but now I'm asking you if is possible to use also a "KICC" method, aka Keep It Cheap Cubo :) ...Sorry for this joke, but I'm seriously asking you if there is any way to use a cheaper driver in Cubo kick 12, I mean less than 100 euro, like fane 12-300, Thomann 12-280, eminence beta or every other solution for my low budget, in one word I am looking for a "compromise" between costs and results, my soundsystem is just for my pleasure not for make money so I can only use a low budget, fane 12-500lf cost 79euro and work very good in cubo12, there is any possibility to have a similar price for driver in Cubo kick 12? 

best regards

GG

4 years 4 months ago #24464 by Cubo15
Well, to keep it simple, the Fane 12-300 and Fane 12-500LF will work in  Cubo Kick 12. If you have one of those you could try them out.

I would go for the lowest Qes/ Qts and the biggest voice coil diameter, that would make the Eminence Beta the least favorite driver and the Thomann 12-280 the favorite driver. By the full extend of that rating, I would choose the 12-280/8-W over the 12-280/8-A but my guess is that they're going to be fairly close to each other regardless.

Best regards Cubo
The following user(s) said Thank You: GG_

4 years 1 month ago #24506 by davidino851
Replied by davidino851 on topic Cubo Kick 12
hello everyone .. I need advice .. I would like to make "kick 12 cube" and I would like to use the RCF mb12x451 driver, and can the driver be used in this box? thanks, Davide

4 years 1 month ago #24507 by Cubo15
Replied by Cubo15 on topic Cubo Kick 12
I suppose you mean the RCF mb12x351? The whole philosophy of that driver is to be used as kick/ mid driver, hence the 3.5" voice coil, so Cubo Kick 12 is a natural choice ;)

Best regards Cubo

4 years 1 month ago #24508 by davidino851
Replied by davidino851 on topic Cubo Kick 12
OK thanks!! I also thought the same thing, but I wanted your opinion about it .. I will try to build a test model to understand how it works ..

2 years 9 months ago #24853 by Silent
Replied by Silent on topic Cubo Kick 12
Hello folks
A nice board you have there with many very interesting contributions, I hope the contribution is still viewed...last action a good year ago.

I have a question about the Cubo Kick 12 - 15. The parts are mostly used in the PA sector, would they also work well in a medium sized home cinema...e.g. 2 or 4 pcs. The frequency response of 80 - 200 would fit perfectly as the subwoofers go up to about 100.

Sorry for the bad English ... it is Google translated.
Many greetings Peter